Questions to Consider when Choosing a Project Management Platform
When choosing which productivity software to use it’s important to consider a few different things:
- Are you working in a team, or working solo?
- What are your needs of a platform?
- Do you need a highly customizable space or one that is ready to go once you’ve signed up?
- Is your team larger or on the small side?
If you are the owner of a small business and are looking for a solution that is easy to set up you may want to consider what platform you’re investing in. Whether a seasoned project manager or just starting out, finding a system that matches your needs will be key to ensuring your project success. While there are a variety of options to choose from, Clickup comes up in conversation over and over again when team managers are choosing tools for their team - but is it the best option for you?
Considering Clickup as a Solution?
Clickup is a project management software that prides itself on being an all in one management tool. It serves as a multi-functional solution, combining project management, to-do lists, OKR tracking, and email and chat capabilities into a single platform. This platform minimizes the need to switch between various tools for different work tasks, streamlining your workflow.
Clickup is one of the most popular project management platforms out on the market today - it offers users the ability to track their projects with a variety of tools that help them manage their tasks. Users can visualize their projects as a list or a Gantt chart and collaborate in real time on documents with teammates. While it’s a powerful progress tracker, it is also a tool that is best suited for a larger team that has complex project management needs.
Catering to teams that need a more in depth tool for tracking their projects, Clickup offers different ways to visualize tasks (called Views) and folder organization options to keep track of internal documents.
Clickup’s Key Features
- Customizable: Build a platform from the ground up that matches the specific preferences needed by each team on a project by project basis.
- Collaborative: Foster effective teamwork by establishing dedicated Spaces for your teams, facilitating communication and updates regarding each project’s progress.
- Integrative: ClickUp supports dozens of integrations and seamlessly connects to Zapier, offering access to thousands of third-party integration possibilities.
- Dashboard Views: Select from a range of built-in views such as Gantt charts, Timelines, mind maps, workloads, tables, and more to visualize your data effectively.
LifeAt as an Alternative to Clickup
While Clickup is a blank canvas that project managers will delight in customizing to their larger team’s needs, it can be overwhelming for smaller teams or individuals. With LifeAt’s simple and clean user interface you will feel comfortable signing up and getting started right away.
LifeAt is a tool that is multipurpose in its own sense - it empowers both individual and team productivity. While both platforms provide room for collaboration, LifeAt is focused on bringing joyful productivity to its community with the following features:
- Visualize your work week with brand new views. Elevate your productivity and experience the joy of efficiency through our robust planner, where you have the freedom to customize your work week views to suit your unique requirements. Stay in control, stay focused, and effortlessly organize tasks using filters and tags.
- Personalized spaces for focusing effortlessly. Craft your unique workspace to find your focus flow with our integrated tools. Rearrange your space to suit your needs by adding or removing our widgets in hundreds of combinations to maximize your productivity. Boost your creativity, concentration, and efficiency with a workspace that adapts to your needs and inspires progress towards your goals.
- Foster collaborative connections. Join one of our public rooms to meet other individuals who are working on their own productivity journeys. Cowork in video calls, text chat to fostering a supportive environment where our community members work together towards their productivity milestones.
- Efficient Productivity Hub: Presenting our comprehensive productivity solution featuring a flexible dashboard interface. This user-friendly system combines a Pomodoro timer, task list, calendar, and note-taking functionality within a unified space. Arrange and personalize these features according to your preferences, minimizing the need to switch between contexts and crafting your personalized productivity center. Effectively handle your tasks, time, and priorities with simplicity and convenience.
Switch between focus and planning modes effortlessly with our new Planning feature! With this fresh perspective, you can easily label your tasks and gain a visual overview of your upcoming week. Move your tasks from the week directly into your calendar via simple drag-and-drop actions or place some tasks in your backlog list for future reference.
Simplify your workflow and conveniently filter tasks by tags, creating an organized workspace that effectively manages various aspects of your life. Whether they pertain to home, work, school, or a new hobby you've recently taken up, you can keep track of it all with LifeAt. Once you're done with planning and organizing your tasks, just click back into Focus mode to kickstart your day.
With a paid and free plan, Clickup offers its users a highly customizable tool that is best for teams with more complex project management needs. Whether you thrive in solo sessions or collaborate seamlessly with others online, LifeAt’s flexible platform empowers you to create your ideal focus environment. For only $8, you will gain access to a powerful planning platform that allows you to customize your own dashboard and immerse yourself in your unique space.